Monday, January 31, 2011

I will make weak things become strong.

Hello everyone.

So yet again another week has come and gone and it only seems like it started. Its true what they say by time passing you by. Well this week has really been no different from the other weeks. We have some elders with us that were working in botswana but they got kicked out because of visa problems and that sort of thing. So we find out today what is going on with them. They could be going back or they could be staying here.

So this week we also had a baptism (the first in this area for me). It was great. The guy's name is Kagiso. He is almost fifteen and he has an amazing testimony. As soon as he passed his interview he took his mom out and they bought clothes for him for his baptism and after.Its great to see the faith and devotion in people. Hopefully soon we will be able to start teaching his mom. She says she is interested its just that she is very busy at this time.

Well since we have the botswana elders with us this week we have been doing lots of splits and threesome teaching. Its been hectic trying to keep our schedules straight and everything since we double up on appointments when we are on splits. But hopefully things will start settling down so me and my companion can start focusing on things and putting them into play for the area. I have lots of ideas to help this area but the thing is I need the help of my companion and he doesnt even like listening to me right now. So we are working on our communication and listening. Hopefully soon things will start to look up. So this transfer is already halfway over. I cant believe it. Im telling you all is going too fast.

So the past few days my companion has got me missing home (even not meaning to). But he bought a dvd player and he has been playing his cds on it and some of the songs really hit home. So the first one is "I am the greatest" by kenny rogers. Everytime I hear that song I think of my mom and how much she love kenny rogers. Then the next song is "God bless the USA". Now this one hits home in a few different ways. First it makes me think of home in the USA and then it also makes me start thinking about camp and the Garrison flag. I picture the slide show and all everytime I hear it. Then the last song is "In this very room" its a song that we sang with the kids in special needs mutual. It got me missing those kids and the kids I taught at dan petersons. All will be well its just things that satan is putting into my mind to make me want to quit. But I can promise you I will get over it.

So anyways that has been my week. I thank Laurel and Tebogo for their letters. I have started replying to everyone so everyone start looking for replies to their letters they have sent (especially emily who has sent me over eight and I havent replied to like four). I love all of you and thank you for your support. Please be patient with me with doing all the things you are asking me and writing me. I love you all very much and I hope we can all feel like we are together even though we are so far apart.

Remember that the church is true. I know it is or I wouldnt be here right now. I know that all these challenges that the lord is giving me are going to make me a stronger person. "I will make weak things become strong" I know that this statement is true and I invite everyone to remember it when they face challenges. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Its all about what we do when we make those mistakes that counts. I know that the church is led by a true current prophet today. We have been listening to some of his talks the past week and they just remind me how much love I have for him and how much love he has for all of us. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he died for each of us and we cant do anything but through him. That is the only true happienss. I know I am here for a purpose and I will not back down until I find all I need to do and accomplish it.

Again I love all of you very much and miss you. You all are in my prayers.

Your Friend, Brother, Son, Etc
Elder Aaron Giles Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul