Monday, March 21, 2011

Mission stories

Hello everyone,

How is everyone doing? I hope all is well in all places around the world. I have been getting some letters from people and my birthday package from my family. Thank you so much everyone for the letters, fruit snacks, chips, m&ms, Reeses, Camera chips, yoda pez, the tie, and most especially the cake mix. All the missionaries have been enjoying the goodies as well not just me so they say thank you as well. I was so excited to read and look at the pictures from the kids at dan petersons I almost started crying. I miss my kids so much.

So this has been a good week. We have been keeping busy and there have been its struggles trying to keep us from working like rain and unplanned car problems like tires and unplanned meetings. But over all everything is good. Yes there has been challenges but that is how the lord works to help us build our faith in him.
So I got some great stories to tell this week. So first is about a guy named Earnest. Well one day me and my companion get a referal from the missionaries in Krugersdorp (another area), and we went to see him. When we got sitting down he pulls out a stack of books of; a few book of mormons, doctorine and covenants and pearl of great price, teachings of brigham young, and our heritage and some other books. Well we asked him how he came to have all these books and he said he was walking one day and he walked past a garbage bin with all these books and he just decided they were perfectly good books he would just take them and read them. Well he read the book of mormon and some of the other books all the way through and he knew that they were true and fell in love with them. well in front of one of the book of mormons was the phone number for the missionaries in Krugersdorp and he calls them and they refer him to us. Well now he is on baptism date and we are teaching him and his whole family.

So that is story number one now for number two. Last week me and my companion went on exchanges with the zone leaders. I was with elder Oliage in the Florida (not USA) area. We were tracting and we were going down one road when he said he wanted to turn around and go down the other side. But as we were turning I saw someone at a house on the corner and I told Oliage that we should go try them. Well we went and we knocked and it sounded like they were angry when they told us to go to the back door. But we still went and the father tells us to come in and sit down. Apparently him and his wife had just barely been fighting over which church to go to. Well just a little time before we came another person came by and gave them a pamphlet and just left so they didnt think much about it. Well when we came we sat down and talked with them and taught them lesson one (the restoration). Well they loved the lesson so much that we were able to put them on date for April. Well apparently they have been coming to church and have just fallen in love with it. And Elder Oliage just told me yesterday that the bishop in that ward met the family yesterday and moved up their baptism to this coming sunday! And the family is so excited and working hard for that day.

These stories just show a few of the many different ways in which the lord works to prepare his children for his gospel. These things have strengthened my testimony of this work so much and its just a few of the amazing stories I have whitnessed while I have been here on my mission. I am so grateful I decided to come and there is nothing I would exchange for this experience. I am absolutely in love with my mission and I am going to be heart broken when I have to leave. I already almost cry just thinking about and I have over a year left. I hope my family doesnt take this the wrong way but I dont want to go back home but I do at the same time. Im being torn into two different pieces. A part of me will always be here in south africa and I will never be able to recover that part after I leave.

I thank the lord for this experience he has given me and I thank all of you for your love and support. I love each and everyone of you and I hope you are doing well. I miss you and pray for you always. Stay true through the thick and thin of things.

Love you.
Elder Aaron Giles Lindsay

"The sweet caress, the twilight, theirs MAGIC everywhere"
-Timon (Lion King)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul