Monday, August 29, 2011

New Assignment

Hello everyone,

Sorry I didnt write last week I was very short on time and things just were not on my side. So I will make sure today is one of the longer letters I will write. So this week has been a good week. Things have been going good between me and my companions (yes its companionS not compnaion I will explain). So last monday we went back to the lion park agian for the new missionaries that just came into the area. It was fun as normal. The lion cubs were alot more playful this time which was fun. Then afterwards it was just a normal typical day from there.

So the next major thing that happened this week was on Wednesday me and Elder Kapata were teaching and when I got a phone call fromt the Assistants. Well I have a new assignment from the President. In a few weeks I will be leaving here in Sebokeng and I will be moving to the office. One of the seinor couples that have been working there in the office got moved to an area to help that area and so for now they are placing me and one other missionary there in the office until they can get another seinor couple in there (or until further notice). So I will be there for at least a few transfers president said so it should be interesting. I will be taking care of paper work and computer work and all that thing. So until I go to the office I have to go in a few times per week so I can recieve training in my new postition. And now as I said I have companions because to fill in my spot they have sent down another elder named Elder Khumalo who I need to train him and my companion on the area before I leave since I have only been with Elder Kapata for a few weeks. I am excited to accept this new assignment but I am also sad because I have only spent three months in this area and its just starting to take off. But hey if thats what the lord wants I will do it. And just so everyone knows my P-days are going to be switching from Mondays to Saturdays when I am in the office so just look for my letters around then.

So on Friday we had a zone confrence. It was a more different one that the ones in the past. People were just yelling out randomly and they werent taking things seriously or they were just complaining and it was just different. But on the brighter side one of the branch missionaries from my last area is helping in our mission for a transfer and so I got to see him there at the zone confrence and kind of get updated on my last area. Apparently alot of the people I was working with were baptized and now fully active in the church. So it sounds like that area is looking up as well.

Then on Saturday we had our yearly 'Mormon Helping Hands Service Project" We went and we helped clean up some of the places around our area with the members. It was a great experience. So as we were cleaning (of course Im the only white guy) a drunk guy comes and starts yelling "Lakua (La-coo-wa)" Which means white person. Haha. He kept trying to get me to come over to him and so he could ask me for a job. Well obviously I dont even have a job myself. All the members tried getting him to leave me alone tried getting him to go away. But nothing was working. So all of a sudden theladies living around the area we were cleaning come rushing from cleaning their clothes or what they were doing and they start yelling at him and throwing rocks at him telling him to leave and to stop bugging me because I was actually helping them and doing good. Haha it was a crazy neat experience.

Then on Sunday we had two baptisms. Sello and Solly. It was a great experience but also kind of disorganized because it was the first one we had combined with the other area. But also after the baptisms yesterday we were going around to some former investigators and we came to one named Joesph. He was being prepared to be baptized but he doesnt know why but missionaries just stopped going. So we talked to him to find out what he remembers and he remembers alot and he knows alot. He still wants to be baptized and so he should be coming up in the next coming month or so. Its great how the spirit works some times to lead us to the people who are truely prepared.

So that was my week and its been a great one. I will always love and look back on these times often. I am so grateful I came on mission. Well everyone else is waiting for me so I got to go but I hope to hear from everyone soon. Thank you to Jacob, Emily, Shauna and Kyler for your letters. I hope I get to keep hearing from you and seeing how things are going. Talk to you soon.

Elder Aaron Giles Lindsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul