Monday, October 18, 2010

Jeffrey R Holland Visit

Hey everyone how is it going?
I hope all is well with each of you and that you all are having the time of your lives. So this week has been a long week but a good one never the less. So basically we just have been way busy teaching and getting people ready for their baptism dates in a couple of weeks.
So the biggest things and most exciting thing that happened this week is that Jeffrey R. Holland from the quorum of the twelve apostles, and Elders Snow and Warner from the Seventy came and spake to all of us missionaries on Friday. It was amazing. We got to line up and shake all of their hands as well. When I shook Holland's hand if felt like a shock of spirit just shot straight into my body. It was amazing. So Holland talked to all of us about converting ourselves before we teach other people. He says that is the whole reason why preach my gospel was written in the first place. Its not to convert non members its to convert the missionaries before they go out teaching to those people. Then he talked about staying active in the church as we return home.
It was a great experience and one that I will never never forget.
So sadly that is pretty much all that is new for this week. I know not much Im sorry. But everything is good. We had twenty investigators at church yesterday which is tops and we have taught lots and lots of lessons. So everything is good.
I will need extra prayers the next couple of days because exchanges are happening on wednesday and my companion is leaving and so I am the one who will know the area and have to teach someone else about the area. Pray for me that I do well and that I can help these people with whatever they may need.
Well I know that this is a short letter this week and Im sorry its just that nothing much has happened. I promise next week it will be a longer letter... I cant promise it will be more exciting but It will be longer.
I love all of you and miss you alot. I would love to hear from all of you if you get the chance.
Keep the spirit near by.
-Elder Aaron Giles Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul