Monday, February 6, 2012

Back to the field

Hello Everyone,

Boy things change really fast even when we dont expect them too. But one thing is for sure the Lord is always in what we do and I know that. So let me just start out AGAIN by saying I am sorry for not writing as often but things really got switched around this time and things got a little crazy.

So the past few weeks in the office things were getting very stressful. I would work and work but it seemed like nothing was getting done and nothing I did pleased the 'head couple' Well what eventually happened is the couple got upset with me and they slow but surely took away responsibilities from me and to the point I was just sitting there and not doing anything. Then they would get mad because I wasnt doing anything and yet they wouldnt let me. Well I talked with president about it and he got some of my stuff back from him but the couple was even more upset with me. It just got to a point where I was torn and president told me he was thinking of sending me back out to the feild.

Well a few days later I had an appointment with Elder Hartman (the mission Psychiatrist) and he was telling me it wasnt worth it to stay in the office and all that and that I should go back to the feild. But I didnt want to because I didnt feel complete. Well what happens is in the middle of the appointment Elder Hartman's wife comes in and says she is going to get someone to help give a blessing to my companion. And I get out of the appointment and it was Elder Carl B. Cook the one I went on mission tour with. He went in with elder Hartman to give my companion a blessing and while I sat with sister Hartman she tried to convince me to get one too but I kept saying no I was fine. Well when elder cook came back out she said 'Wait he needs a blessing too' pointing to me and if it was anyone else I would have refused still to get a blessing but I couldnt say no to elder Cook. So we go in and he gives me a blessing.

In the blessing he said things like 'Now is your time to go back to the feild' and 'Now that you will go to the feild' and after he gave me the blessing he just turned me around and put both hands on my shoulders and said 'I have never ever given a blessing and ever been that bold and straight forward as I was. So I should appologise for that' I told him it was probably what the spirit wanted although I didnt know why because I still had a whole transfer before I got out of the office.

Well the very next day I got called into a meeting with president and he told me that he was taking me out of the office. The lord definately works in misterious ways. I know that I was sent out into the feild because that is where the lord wants me but its hard because I dont feel like I completed everything I was suppose to with the office but president has talked to me and told me not to feel that way because I did all that I could do. But now I am out in the area of Cosmo City (Yes just like BYU) The people are so happy and accepting there and they will help me get back in the grove lets say.

I know that the church is true and the lord puts us where he needs us although it doesnt make sence necissarily. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God and we will get closest to God through him. I love him and want to be like him. I know the book of Mormon is true and I learn something new everytime I read it. But most of all I know the lord gives us challenges to help us grow but he will not give us more than we can handle.

Well I dont have as much time to write but I hope to hear from you all soon. I love you all and hope you the best.

-Elder Aaron Giles Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul