Monday, June 20, 2011

Not much going on

Hello everyone,

Sorry I didn't write last week its just that not much has been going on that has been different and it just wouldn't be that interesting...So I thought anyways. So here we are in June now and it is already almost half way over. Time is just getting faster and faster everyday. I will admit that I am excited because I want to be home because I miss everyone so much but then it also kills me inside because I know how much I am going to miss these people here in Africa as well. But the lord knows what will make us stronger and what will make us what he wants to become.

So this week in study I have learned a lot. I am working on things one step at a time but I am learning so much. The more I have been on mission the more things have been making more and more sense. If I never came on mission and/or if I left early I now notice how much I would have been missing out on and it kills me to think about.

So now in my area we are teaching lots of families and there is one family who we teach its more than 10 people and plus at different houses we are teaching their cousins and parents and we are just teaching that family left and right. We are focusing on families with only some members or families in general. It has helped us a lot because right now we have about 25 people who have accepted a date to be baptized and then we have about 20 more we could put on date so we are teaching a lot of people as well.

This week we have also been talking with the Elders quorum president for help. He doesn't have any councilors and we have been getting complaints and such from the bishopric about things that we have no control over or its just things like baptizing too many and reactivating too little but that is our purpose and so we have been working with him so we can give support to each other. We are coming up with many plans to help the area grow and progress.

But it is sad because next week Wednesday I could be leaving for another area. It is a big possibility because at most missionaries stay in the area longest for six months well I have been there for six months now and so it is a big big big possibility that I will be going sadly. It always seems to happen that right when things start going the way they should and things start picking up that is when you get moved. But that is ok I will take what I have learned in this area and use it in my next area as well. I am going to miss people here too much especially the families I have taught.

Well that is my week so not too much new but I will write more next week because my time is up. Hope all is well and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks to Grandma and Cassi and Aunt Tammy for their letters they have sent me.

From the Elder who's name is growing,
Elder Aaron Giles Pule Nkanyso Lindsay
(Pule is Tswana meaning rain and Nkanyso is Zulu meaning Light)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul