Monday, June 20, 2011

Heading to a new place

Hello Everyone,

How is everyone doing? I think the mail system has come to a stand still I havent been getting any letters anymore. But thats ok it just shows everyone is being busy so no worries. So this week was my last full week in the great land of Dobsonville. I am going to be moved to another area on Wednesday and I only find out where they will be sending me on that day when its time for me to go there. I am excited to leave but I am also sad as well because I get to see more of Africa but then I also will miss the people too much. I have had the opportunity to visit with some people from Khutsong my last area this week and it got me missing those people too much as well. But I know that where ever I go I will have the Lord with me and I will love the area as well. Some how some way I will even get back to my areas and see everyone again.

So this week has just been pretty basic. I even started saying good bye to some people. We have been holding family home evenings with two of our convert families together every monday night. That has been alot of fun and the families seem to be enjoying it as well. We also have been teaching a good family. They are great. They had lots of problems and challenges when we first came but from what the mother said things have been getting better since we have been coming. She says they havent been fighting as much and their house is now a place of peace.

We have also been teaching a married couple with the seinor couple the Watts. They are progressing so well and doing good. The only problem and challenge that we have had with them is that the husband is a security gaurd at the MTC and so he cant get off in order to come inside church even for an hour but we are working with them and they are both very excited to be baptized.

Then there is another family who all are baptized except for the father but then he wants to be but the only problem with him is that him and his wife are not officially married and so by baptism requirements they have to get married where they are living together. They are making plans and they are working on it and sometime this year they will be able to be counted as husband and wife and he will be able to be baptized.

One of our recent converts has been having alot of challenges as well. She was baptized and then her husband started bringing up all these concerns and problems he has with the church and they started fighting and I guess it has been getting physical and she has said she has even thought about killing him a few times as well. But me and my companion went to her and talked with her and now she is fine.

Then on saturday we attended a funeral for someone in our ward and it was a hugh turn out. There was chairs clear back to the stage but and there still wasnt enough chairs. People were standing up and all around. Then after the funeral MTC missionaries came and we showed them all around. Then after that we had an elders quorum activity. We baked and just spent time with the Elders Quorum. It was fun.

Well that was my whole week. Its been good and its been different in ways. Well next time I write I will be in a different area and I will be having more stories to tell. I love all of you and I miss you much. I hope all is well and I will talk to you soon.

From
Elder Aaron Giles Pule Nkanyso Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Elder Aaron Lindsay in Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul